7.27.2011

Summer Days

One of the best parts about last summer was a three foot deep inflatable pool that J's sister purchased prior to our pre-wedding "meet your partner" luau party for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I attribute the tan I had last summer to this very pool, once I realized that a small, soft-walled pool is better than no pool at all. We spent so many days and nights in that pool, that when this year it was offered to us, I jumped at the chance to put it up at our house. We had a few issues off the bat, which included filling the pool up 3/4 of the way and realizing that it had a leak. (WHOMP.) The next day J decided that he could "patch the hole" and went out and bought an entirely new pool at K-Mart for less than $150. We haven't had too many opportunities thus far to share the pool fun with our friends, however, that is part of the plan for the upcoming weeks. For now, I enjoy spending a half hour or so in it every day around lunchtime after stretching my legs on my afternoon run.


beginning stages of putting up pool # 1... epic fail in the end. 

ahhh... nice and refreshing.


What's your favorite way to beat the heat in the summertime? Would you settle for a sweet little pool like ours or would you prefer a 'real' one?


Swimming pools and summertime, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback. Thanks for visiting the Art of Life. Head over to www.v13designs.com for more from me.