1.23.2012

Music Monday

well-designed indie music posters via

Are you on Spotify? I'll be honest, I don't think I've opened iTunes once since July when Spotify announced that accounts were going to be available in the US. J and I immediately purchased a premium account which enables us to listen to playlists and full albums through the speakers in my car via Ford's SYNC technology. Having access to, quite literally, a world of music at your fingertips through your smartphone has one of the best things that could have happened to road trips.

A playlist that I am currently really enjoying is a 163 track compilation of some of my favorite contemporary artists entitled "Coffeehouse." The sultry vocals of Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson mix perfectly with bold, jazzy songs by Michael Buble and Jamie Cullum. This mix is one that is constantly on repeat when I'm trying to  concentrate at work, as well as when I'm at home, baking cookies and singing along with some of today's best singer-songwriters.

Here are my top 10 recommendations if you'd like to create your own "Coffeehouse"-style playlist:

1. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams {Love Is Hell}
2. Here We Go Again - Ray Charles and Norah Jones {...Featuring}
3. Shelter - Ray LaMontagne {Trouble}
4. Into the Mystic - Van Morrison {Moondance}
5. Me and Mrs. Jones - Michael Buble {Call Me Irresponsible}
6. Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jamie Cullum {Twenty Something}
7. Warning Sign - Coldplay {A Rush of Blood to the Head}
8. Kathleen - David Grey {Draw the Line}
9. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson {Girls and Boys}
10. Little Bit of Rain - Amos Lee {The Villiage}

Bonus: These Arms of Mine - Otis Redding {Pure Southern Soul}

Do you have a work day or chill time go-to playlist of your own? What songs are on it? Do we have any of the same picks?

Melodies and Monday mornings,





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback. Thanks for visiting the Art of Life. Head over to www.v13designs.com for more from me.