12.22.2010

Christmas Cookies: Night 1

I began baking my Christmas Cookies last night.  I am a bit behind schedule this year due to the fact... well, I have no idea why.  I'm not a last minute kind of person when it comes to holidays.  Everything else, sure.  Holidays- no way.  I usually have a decent amount of shopping done by the second week of December, and I spend the two weeks leading up to Christmas decorating, crafting and baking.  This year, we decorated in approx. 2 days, pretty sure I only used about half of the decorations, AND I made my first batch of cookies last night. Way behind schedule.

Either way, I am happy that I found the time to make cookies at all.  Baking is a stress reliever for me.  I spend so much time during the day creating things that don't tangibly exist (websites, emails, etc...) that it always feels good to actually create something that I can hold in my hands.  Speaking of which- I found myself very inspired by the colorful illustrations of this artist, so I hope to have some new art to share within the coming week... along with more cookies!

In the meantime, here's a glimpse into the process of my latest creation:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients that will not be leaving my counter top until December 25th December 28th!







Thick peanut buttery dough in my ice blue KitchenAid!

Finished product, perfectly browned and chewy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback. Thanks for visiting the Art of Life. Head over to www.v13designs.com for more from me.