9.28.2011

Arts & Crafts

Every year at this time for the past 5-or-so years, I break out my collection of 2 oz. craft paints. The level of excitement that comes over me when I walk into that aisle of the craft store and see the thousands of different colors should be illegal. Yes, I took art classes for 17 years of my life. Yes, I know how to mix red and blue to make purple. And yes, I still buy 'grape jam' partially because I like the name, and partially because I have to have exactly 2 ounces of that hue in my shoe box paint collection.

Every year at this time for the past 5-or-so years, I also sit at a table for hours painting small pumpkins for area farms. Growing up, I painted pumpkins for Soergel Orchards. For the past few years, I've been painting pumpkins for my husband's family farm: Harvest Valley Farms

Every year at this time for the past 5-or-so years, I give these silly looking vegetables WAY too much TLC. They sell for 5 dollars max, and I'm painting Disney characters on them! What can I say? I'm a perfectionist. Doing things half-heartedly is not in my repertoire. Not even when it comes to slapping 99 cent paint onto a squash. 

This year, while I was researching ideas on ETSY, I stumbled across this super talented artist that takes craft painting to the next level. I absolutely adore these peacock feather wine glasses. Ah, so trendy and way less cheesy than Lolita! I'm thinking leopard print? Dear friends, would you mind receiving a set of these from yours truly for Christmas?  I think that I'll be keeping the craft paint out a few months longer this year. 

*SWOON* I love you, ETSY.

Paint and pumpkins, 


1 comment:

  1. Everything that you make is gorgeous! Who wouldn't want your creations as a gift?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback. Thanks for visiting the Art of Life. Head over to www.v13designs.com for more from me.