2.27.2011

Snow and Hockey

Last week, J and I were given the awesome opportunity to attend a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game at their new state-of-the-art arena.  This was no usual game, however, because we were given free box seat tickets by a large company that King Electric is affiliated with- Eaton Corporation. We were both able to leave work a little early that day, so we got to the Consol Energy Center more than an hour before the game started.  This ended up working out so well, because we were the first people to arrive to the Eaton box.  We walked in the door to find a fully stocked bar, tons of gourmet food, a private restroom, and our own attendant (!).  Since nobody was around, I was able to snap a few photos without looking too silly and excited. It was an amazing opportunity to be able to watch the hockey game in such a cool place, and I feel so lucky that I was able to experience it.

The night continued to be interesting even after the game because nine inches of snow fell while we were inside.  It took us about 2 and a half hours to get home, and we saw more than fifty cars abandoned on the highway because they were unable to travel.  It was a pretty scary experience, and I was VERY glad that we were safe in J's 4-wheel-drive truck, because I know that my car would not have made it.

Have you ever had the opportunity to view a sporting event in a way that you aren't used to?



Popcorn and hockey pucks,

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great way to spend a weekend! maybe I should learn how to ski so I too can have a winter fun get away :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback. Thanks for visiting the Art of Life. Head over to www.v13designs.com for more from me.